The Coleman BlackCat Heater provides 3000 BTU’s of heat and makes a great portable heater for use while camping, or anywhere you need warmth. The 3,000-BTU heating power of this unit can raise the temperature in your tent by several degrees in about 10 minutes. How well this heater works depends largely on the current temperature and the area you are warming. For instance a small tent will heat up much quicker than a larger model. The Blackcat heater runs off of the standard 16.4 oz propane cylinders and it can provide up to 7 hours of heat from each one.
The Coleman Blackcat is a catalytic heater meaning it is safer for use in indoor environments like a garage, bedroom, or tent. The catalytic feature means it provides a flameless heat that is more efficient with fuel consumption while providing superior heat output. the device also comes equipped with an InstaStart ignition system which allows you to start the heater without the use of matches. to turn it on you flip the Instastart switch several times until it ignites the propane and begins heating. It also comes with high and low temperature settings to help you get the right amount of heat for the area you’re in. When operating this heater inside a tent or enclosed area it’s recommend that you allow for some ventilation to fallow the manufacturers safety recommendations.
Some other features of the Coleman BlackCat Heater are its built-in easy grip handle, and retractable legs to help provide stability and allow you to position the unit exactly where you need heat. These compact legs fold up or down depending on your need. One thing to note when using this is that it does get hot. Since hot objects could potentially catch fire if placed directly on objects it’s a good idea to be careful how you position this heater while in use. You’ll want to be careful not to leave it unattended around children, or pets.
Overall, I think you’ll find the Coleman BlackCat Heater to be an excellent buy. The 3000 BTU’s of heat puts out a good amount of warmth for small areas and is a must have for cold weather camping. If you love camping but dread the cold, this little heater is a great choice for you.
Here’s some of the best features of the Coleman Blackcat Catalytic Heater
- Heater provides 3000 BTU’s of heating power
- Operates up to 7 hours on one propane cylinder
- PerfecTemp Catalytic system provides safe and efficient heat
- Instastart igntion means no matches required to start
- Low and high temperature setting
- Portable weighing only 6.3 pounds
- Built-in carrying handle
- Retractable legs to position the unit where needed
- Limited 5-year Coleman warranty
- Great little heater for camping
- 3000 BTU’s of heating power
- Instastart helps light the heater in windy conditions
- Runs for up to 7 hours on a single 16.4 ounce propane cylinder
- Sometimes takes multiple attempts to light using Instastart
- May not put out enough heat for large tents or really cold temperatures
Have you tried using this Coleman BlackCat Heater while camping, around your home, or in your garage? We’d love to hear what you think of this product, please leave your comments and review below to share your thoughts.