The Coleman Instant Tent 14×10 8 Man 2 Room model is spacious and comes with plenty of room for the whole family. The 2 room tent measures fourteen by ten feet and has straight walls and enough headroom at 6 feet, five inches to stand up in. In addition to being big and spacious the tent has a lot of windows and a wall divider you can use to create 2 rooms (front and back) or have 1 big room. There are seven windows and two doors providing plenty of ventilation, and nice 360-degree viewing from inside.
One of the best features of this 8 man tent is how easily it sets up. Using the shock-corded poles you can set up the entire ten in under ten minutes once you have the hang of it. The thing that makes it this Coleman Instant Tent so easy to setup is its integrated design. The pole system comes preattached to the tent. So all it takes to pitch the tent is to unroll it and spread it out, extend the poles, snap them together, connect them in place, and you’ll have your tent ready to enjoy.
When setting up the tent, after you remove it from its carrying case you’ll want to do the following: The poles of the external frame are stored in the bag in a down and up direction. You’ll want to reverse the bend in these poles to extend out and facing down.
Then you’ll take the 4 telescoping poles that run from the center of the tent and snap them into their respective four corners. Then you can move on to extending the vertical poles working from the corners first and snap them in position. Next snap the side poles into position. Finally you’ll want to secure the tent in place using the tent stakes. With two people helping to pitch the tent it can be setup in around one minute. Since all of the parts except for the stakes are connected right to the tent it couldn’t be easier.
The Coleman Instant Tent definitely provides plenty of room to stretch out, change clothes, or just hang out in. With enough room for 8 people it makes a great family tent. The room divider means you can easily choose between one or two rooms. The tent goes up and comes down easily, is made with durable weather protective materials, and is quite attractive. It’s one of the most popular large family tents and because of its great features and price it’s one you, and your family will love.
Here’s some of the best features of the Coleman Instant 2 Room Tent
- Large 8 person tent with room divider to create 2 rooms
- Tent measures 14 x 10 feet
- Come with Colemans WeatherTec System with waterproof walls, zippers, and seams
- Inside height of 6 feet 5 inches
- Comes with 2 doors and 7 windows for full 360 degree views
- Tent sets up in minutes and breaks down fast
- Body fabric is durable 150D polyester material
- Coleman 1 year limited warranty
- Tent sets up fast (1 or 2 minutes)
- Poles are preattached making it easy to setup
- Sturdy construction holds up well in rain and wind
- Large 2 room family tent
- Comes with 7 windows for nice 360 views
- Large 6′ 5″ headroom in center
- Tent stakes are flimsy
- Carrying bag is sort of small
- No ties to secure the windows
- No rainfly for ceiling ventilation
Have you tried using the Coleman Instant Tent 14×10 8 Man 2 Room? Leave your comments and tent review below to let other readers know what you think about this product.