The Coleman SportCat Heater is a nice little heater that can help warm up your small tent while camping. While it’s not the most powerful portable heater on the market, this heater does a great job at providing heat for small area. The heater provides 1500 btu’s and can last up to 14 hours on a single propane cylinder. It works great for heating up your tent when you wake up in the morning, or at night before bed. It can also be used as an emergency backup in your home in case of a power outage, at a chilly sporting event, or to help warm up your garage.
The Coleman Sportcat Catalytic heater is designed to provide you with clean flameless heat, that is safe to use. It comes equipped with Instastart technology that means you can light the device without the use of a match. To turn on the heater you just flip a switch. Another great feature is the convenient carrying handle for easy portability. There’s also a removable screw on base that provides stability to set the heater where you need it most. Eyelets are built-in to the heater as well that let you secure the heater so it doesn’t move around if necessary.
Before you use the heater for the first time it’s a good idea to break it in by letting it run for a while. This heater has been known to put off an odor when new from the manufacturer. Giving it a test run before arriving at your camping destination can help you avoid this. In addition, Coleman recommends you use this heater in an area where you have ventilation. This may seem counter-intuitive to heating up, however it is required for the unit to work safely.
While the Coleman SportCat Heater won’t blow you away with its heating ability. for it’s size and portability it’s a great little heater that can definitely help take the edge off of a cold night. If you have a big tent you want to keep warm, or want a heater with more power you might want to check into a model with more btu’s. However, if you’re looking for a good quality heater for personal use, or for use in small areas, this is a great choice.
Here’s some of the best features of the Coleman SportCat Catalytic Heater
- Heater provides 1500 BTU’s of heat
- Provides up to 14 hours of use on one 16.4 oz propane cylinder
- Item Weighs only 3.4 pounds
- Catalytic technology provides no flame heat
- Instastart system to start device without matches
- Built-in carrying handle
- Eyelets to secure heater if needed
- Detachable base provides extra stability.
- Great for use while camping, sporting events, emergency backup, or the garage
- Great little personal heater or for use in small areas
- Can run up to 14 hours on one propane cylinder
- Safe for indoor use with proper ventilation
- Extremely quiet
- Using Instastart it’s easy to start without matches
- Portable and weighs only 3.4 pounds
- May need to be broken in (run for several hours) to avoid odor
- Smaller size may not provide enough heat for bigger tents
Have you tried using the Coleman SportCat Heater? If so we’d love to hear what you thought about this portable heater. Leave your review and comments below to let other people know what you think.