The Texsport Double Propane Heater puts out a lot of heat and works great for heating your outdoor patio area by your pool, on your deck, while tailgating, at sporting events or practices, or eating outside while camping. The heater puts out 20,000 total BTU’s of heat through two 10,000 BTU burners and does an excellent job of pumping out the heat.
With the Texsport propane heater you get two temperature settings a high or low, with an adjustable on/off control knob operated by a pressure regulator. The heater comes equipped with ceramic burners that provide increased heat dispersion and even heating output. If the propane heater happens to go out there are built-in automatic safety shut offs to turn off the fuel when the flame is extinguished. Unfortunately during high winds this heater can experience autoshut off while on the low heat setting that can prevent the heater from operating. To alleviate that problem you could position the heater away from direct wind, block the wind from hitting the heater, or turn the unit to the high heat setting.
A helpful feature found in the Texsport Double Propane Heater is its steel frame that helps provide support and stability. It’s got steel reflector grills to protect the burner and help disperse the heat in the direction you want it. The heater is easy to setup and install, however you will need to purchase several bolts in order to hook it up to your large propane tanks. There is no automatic ignition with this heater so you will need to light it with those long matches, or fireplace lighters to start it up. Overall, for what it’s meant to do, produce heat, the Texport propane heater does a great job and should really help warm you up on your next chilly outdoor event, or activity.
Here’s some of the best features of the Texsport Double Propane Heater
- Great for outdoor picnics, sporting events, sports practices, relaxing outside at night, or camping
- Two 10,000 BTU heaters puts out a total of 20,000 BTU’s of heat
- Steel frame supports heater and attaches to top of tank
- Auto shut off if the flame goes out
- Poll adapter attaches directly to bulk tank fitting
- Ceramic burners for better heat dispersal
- Heater weighs 6.9 pounds not including tank
- High or low setting
- Heater really cranks out the heat
- Pretty sturdy unit
- Inexpensive price
- Need to purchase bolts to hook up to large propane tank
- Heater may shut off in high wind
- Need long matches to ignite [no auto ignition]
Have you tried using the Texsport Double Propane Heater? Please submit your heater reviews and comments below about this Texsport Double Heater model to let other readers know what you think about this product.
The Mr. Heater Propane Gas Portable Little Buddy is a powerful radiant heater that provides 4000 to 9000 BTU’s of heat. The Mr. Heater Little Buddy is well designed with a heavy-duty wire guard front and sturdy yet still light-weight construction. The device is engineered to perform and really does provide some great heat output. It works well for keeping you warm while fishing, in the garage, at a tailgate party, while boating, as an emergency backup, during power outages, or out camping.
The clean burning propane heater operates at almost 100% heating efficiently. The 4000 to 9000 BTU’s of heating power the Little Buddy puts out is sufficient to heat a space that is up to 200 square-feet. To use the unit you attach a 16.4 ounce propane cylinder, or you can purchase an additional connector hose to adapt the tank to accept a 20 pound tank. A simple push switch makes it easy to light the pilot as well as set the temperature high/low settings.
There are some safety features built in to this heater like an automatic shut off in the event the unit gets tipped over. There’s also a low oxygen sensor built-in that will turn the heater off if the oxygen level in the area you are in gets too low. In addition the heater will immediately turn off if the pilot light goes out and it can also be deactivated with its single button kill switch. Note: It’s still a good idea to use CO detectors if using this in any sort of enclosed area. It’s also advisable to always provide ventilation when using.
The Mr. Heater Little Buddy measures 9″ by 14-1/5″ x 14-2/5″ inches. It has a convenient folding handle for easier transporting and storage as well. The units swivel out regulator helps you position your propane tank in the location you desire. The CSA-certified radiant heater comes with a 1 year limited warranty from Mr. Heater provide with your purchase. Before you use want to use this item it’s a good idea to test it out with a trial run in order to avoid dealing with an odor it may put out the first time it is used.
The Mr. Heater propane buddy has been tested to work at high altitudes of around 8000 ft. The automatic shut off when tipped, as well as the kill switch, and pilot shut off are nice safety features to have. All in all the Mr. Heater portable little buddy can put out some serious heat when you need it to. It’s easy to start, adjust temperature, is well built, and sure to help you stay warm whenever you need to.
Here’s some of the best features of the Mr. Heater Portable Little Buddy Heater.
- Provides 4,000-9,000-BTU’s of heat
- Portable Little Buddy model weighs 9.5 pounds
- Measures 9 by 14.2 by 14.4 inches
- Radiant heater is clean burning and nearly 100% efficient
- Can help heat up a 200 square foot space effectively
- Automatic tip over shut-off
- Turns off if pilot light goes out’
- Convenient carrying handle that folds up
- Swivel-out regulator for tank positioning
- Heavy duty wire guard
- CSA approved
- Single button kill switch
- Easy to screw on propane cylinders
- Mr. Heater 1-year limited warranty
- Provides great amount of heat output
- 4000-9000 BTU’s of heat
- Safety shut-off if unit tips over
- Device lights easy and is clean burning
- Have to purchase adapter to accommodate bigger propane tanks
- Grill can burn you if you touch it
Have you tried using the Mr. Heater Propane Portable Little Buddy? Submit your heater reviews and comments below to share what you think about this product.