This Coleman Battery Operated Lantern is powered by eight D batteries and puts out a substantial amount of light, making it great for a family camping lantern or as an emergency backup in the event of a power outage. The lantern is built rugged, with durable thermoplastic & rubber shatter resistant exterior construction. It is also weather resistant and designed for outdoor use.
The light output of this lantern is one of its strongest points. It features a thirteen watt fluorescent twin utube light bulb that emits a powerful white light. I found it puts out enough light that you could read with it if you so desired. In addition the lantern is long lasting and can run continuously on low power for twenty-eight hours or on high power for approximately eighteen hours. That’s a lot of hours of light to keep your tent lit. There are three different lamp positions to choose from low, high, or off.
With the cool touch bulb design the lantern remains cool to the touch and is easy to transport thanks to its comfortable handle grip. The lantern itself measures 9″ by 9″ diameter and is 15.25″ inches tall. With the batteries removed the lantern weighs 3.26 pounds. If the bulb ever goes out you may be relieved to know that they can easily be changed out using the quick release light system.
If you’re looking for a quality lantern that can provide you with long lasting, bright light than this lamp is definitely worth a try. It’s attractive looking and rugged enough to withstand being moved and jostled around. Its weather resistant and shatterproof design are helpful and dependable for use in outdoor environments. This lantern is also one of the most popular Coleman models.
Here’s some of the best features of the Coleman Battery Operated Lantern model 5327A700:
- Lamp runs off of eight standard D batteries
- Can provide light for 28 hours on low or 18 hours on high power
- Rugged lantern with shatter resistant thermoplastic & rubber housing
- Puts out a powerful white light
- Weighs 3.26 pounds
- Measures 9 by 9 by 15 inches
- Cool to the touch
- Three position light switch
- Nonslip rubber carry grip
- 13-watt fluorescent twin bulb
- Lantern works great for lighting up tents
- Long lasting light source – 28 hours on low – 18 hours on high
- Rugged and attractive looking
- Heavy duty construction
Have you tried using the Coleman Battery Operated Lantern? If so we’d love to hear what you thought. Leave your lantern reviews and comments below to share your thoughts.
The Rayovac Sportsman Lantern model#SE3DLN is an LED Light that puts out 300 lumens of brightness. Great for camping, boating, or as an emergency backup light source. This lantern is has three different levels of brightness which are low, high, or strobe light.
The lantern is powered by three D size batteries and can run for 150 hours on low power, and 72 hours on high. The lamp is water resistant which makes it handy for outdoor use. The light comes equipped with a rubber handle with a tent hanger that folds so you can hang it where ever you need light. The Rayovac lantern also is durable and is made of rugged ABS plastic construction.
The lamp comes with a lifetime warranty from Rayovac. Additionally it is fairly compact and weighs in at 14.4 ounces. It’s too heavy for backpacking but for camping its a good (smallish) size and has a great light output. The lanterns switch is easy to operate and the batteries last a long time. Overall, you should be very pleased with the output of this lantern, it’s quality, and water resistant construction make it able to stand up to heavy outdoor use.
Here’s some of the best features of the Rayovac Sportsman LED Lantern
- Rugged ABS construction
- Puts out 300 lumens of brightness
- 3 levels of light output
- Up to 150 hours of light on low, 72 hours of light on high
- Strobe light function
- Water resistant design
- Runs off of 3 D batteries
- Lifetime warranty from Rayovac
- Weighs only 14.4 ounces
- Sturdy lantern
- Great light output and brightness
- Long lasting battery life
- Clip to hang from tree or tent
- Battery compartment can be difficult to close
- Too heavy for backpacking
Have you tried using the Rayovac Sportsman Lantern LED Light 300-Lumen SE3DLN? We’d love to hear what you think about this product. Send in your product review and comments below to share your thoughts.
The Coleman LED Lantern Quad is a good choice for a portable camping lantern. The Quad features four LED panels with removable panes that contain a total of 24 lights. Each of the four panels can be removed and used independently, such as if you need a light for the bathroom or inside your tent. Each of the four panels is a fully functioning light with 6 white LED lights.
The lantern puts out 190 lumens of light which delivers a substantial amount of light yet, the light is not blinding by any means. This lantern is a great pick for anyone who doesn’t want to deal with using propane tanks or hassling with replacing broken mantels. There’s a main independent on/off switch on top of the lamp and carrying/hanging handle on the top.
The lamp runs off of a rechargeable NiMH battery and eight D-cell batteries in the lantern base. The Nimh batteries can recharge from the base and provide approx 1.5 hours of light. Meanwhile the 8 D cell batteries provide up to 75 hours of light. According to the manufacturer this lantern has a light range of 26 feet.
Here’s some of the best features of the Coleman Quad LED Lantern
- Lantern provides up to 75 hours of light
- Runs off of standard D-Cell batteries
- Four removable LED panels act as their own lights
- White LED’s are not too harsh on your eyes
- Five year manufacturers warranty
- 26 foot range of light
- Rechargeable LED panels
- Top carrying/hanging handle
- Long lasting lantern (up to 75 hours of light)
- Provides up to four different lights
- Long lasting LED’s
- Easy on the eyes
- Must remove D-Cell batteries while in storage to avoid draining
- Some people have said the plastic is brittle on the tabs to remove the panels
- The threads on the base may be difficult to reattach after battery installation