The Seattle Sombrero Rain Hat By Outdoor Research is a great addition to your rainy-day gear. The unique shaped hat brim design deflects water away from your head, and the brushed tricot interior lining helps manage perspiration and keep things comfy.
The hat is made of three layer Taslan Goretex material that is both waterproof, and breathable. The foam stiff brim even floats if by chance it is knocked off your head into the water. The rain hat comes with a removable chin cord for windy conditions and hooks on the sides of the hat allows it to be flipped up to suit your taste.
Backpacker Magazine even bestowed the honor of its 2005 Editor’s Choice Gold Award for this product. Overall, if you’re looking for a hat that looks good, can keep your head dry, without leaving your hair looking like you just wore a helmet this hat is a great choice. Most buyers of the Seattle Sombrero reported this hat as being comfortable and fitting great.
Here’s some of the best features of the Seattle Sombrero Rain hat
- Waterproof and breathable rain hat
- Made with three layer 70D Taslan GoreTex
- Adjustable chin cinch strap
- Rated Backpacker Magazine’s 2005 Editors Choice Gold Award
- Foam stiff brim floats
- Comfortable brushed tricot interior
- Available sizes -small, medium, extra large, large
- Ten different hat colors to choose from
- Wide brim that provides good protection
- Rain hat keeps water from dripping down neck
- Hat provides good vision
- Foldable brim
- Adjustable chin strap
- The hat looks good
- Some complain the hat has poor air circulation
- May not do well in high winds without cinching tight
- Brim may not be rigid enough to stay in place in high winds
Have you tried using the Seattle Sombrero? If so let other readers know what you think about this product by submitting your comments and review below.