The Coleman Catalytic Heater ProCat Propane Model Number 5053A751 is a great little heater that features an electronic Ignition system, and provides consistent heat without an open flame. Since the propane heater runs off of 16.4-ounce propane cylinders it’s portable. You’ll find it easy to transport to your campsite, shed, boat, garage, or use in the event of a power outage.
The heater has a built in fan to help circulate the heat more effectively. The fan is powered by two D batteries. The Procat also has 3,000 BTU’s of heating power and is designed primarily for indoor use. The unit can operate up to eight hours at a time on a single propane cylinder and can adequately function when running low on fuel or at high altitudes.
The Procat heater’s piezoelectric sparker is a starting mechanism that easily ignites the propane for fast results. The platinum catalytic technology means it runs safely without a constant flame making it safer for use inside a tent or area where kids or pets are nearby. The heater is easy to use. To get started screw in a propane cylinder, push the ignition switch, and switch on the on/off switch. when lighting this heater you will want to take precautions to light it outdoors and away from pets, people, or anything flammable. The unit does put off a small spark when you first ignite it.
Overall, the Coleman Procat heater is a great bargain, and work well to heat up small enclosed areas for us to eight hours per propane cylinder. The heater is not the most powerful, but with the help of the electric fan, it can help circulate the heat around your small area pretty effectively.
Here’s some of the best features of the Coleman Catalytic Heater
- Provide 3000 BTU’s of flameless warmth
- Cordless heating with propane fuel system
- Runs off standard 16.4 ounce propane cylinders
- Operates up to 8 hours on a single cylinder
- Great for a tent, garage, boat, or emergency
- Electric fan for better heat circulation
- Easy to start with the push-button piezoelectric sparker
- Easy to start
- Small and portable heater
- Runs up to 8 hours per cylinder
- Electric fan helps circulate heat
- May create small spark when lighting
- Works best in smaller areas
Have you tried using the Coleman Procat heater? If so we’d love to hear what you thought about this product. Leave your comments and review below to help other people make informed buying decisions.