The Texsport Double Propane Heater puts out a lot of heat and works great for heating your outdoor patio area by your pool, on your deck, while tailgating, at sporting events or practices, or eating outside while camping. The heater puts out 20,000 total BTU’s of heat through two 10,000 BTU burners and does an excellent job of pumping out the heat.
With the Texsport propane heater you get two temperature settings a high or low, with an adjustable on/off control knob operated by a pressure regulator. The heater comes equipped with ceramic burners that provide increased heat dispersion and even heating output. If the propane heater happens to go out there are built-in automatic safety shut offs to turn off the fuel when the flame is extinguished. Unfortunately during high winds this heater can experience autoshut off while on the low heat setting that can prevent the heater from operating. To alleviate that problem you could position the heater away from direct wind, block the wind from hitting the heater, or turn the unit to the high heat setting.
A helpful feature found in the Texsport Double Propane Heater is its steel frame that helps provide support and stability. It’s got steel reflector grills to protect the burner and help disperse the heat in the direction you want it. The heater is easy to setup and install, however you will need to purchase several bolts in order to hook it up to your large propane tanks. There is no automatic ignition with this heater so you will need to light it with those long matches, or fireplace lighters to start it up. Overall, for what it’s meant to do, produce heat, the Texport propane heater does a great job and should really help warm you up on your next chilly outdoor event, or activity.
Here’s some of the best features of the Texsport Double Propane Heater
- Great for outdoor picnics, sporting events, sports practices, relaxing outside at night, or camping
- Two 10,000 BTU heaters puts out a total of 20,000 BTU’s of heat
- Steel frame supports heater and attaches to top of tank
- Auto shut off if the flame goes out
- Poll adapter attaches directly to bulk tank fitting
- Ceramic burners for better heat dispersal
- Heater weighs 6.9 pounds not including tank
- High or low setting
- Heater really cranks out the heat
- Pretty sturdy unit
- Inexpensive price
- Need to purchase bolts to hook up to large propane tank
- Heater may shut off in high wind
- Need long matches to ignite [no auto ignition]
Have you tried using the Texsport Double Propane Heater? Please submit your heater reviews and comments below about this Texsport Double Heater model to let other readers know what you think about this product.